Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Photo Essay Analysis


I chose this photo because my family is military and so are a lot of my older family members. In the photo is a soldier of the U.S. Army Old Guard. You may not notice that many of the gravestones do not have an American flag next to them. It is Memorial Day and it took 1,300 soldiers, marines, and sailors  three hours to put a flag at the base of over 300,000 graves in Arlington Cemetery in Washington, D.C. This means a lt to me because it shows that we remember the fallen and that we care. This also reminds me of the soldiers that stand outside the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier no matter day or night, rain or shine. The question is, would you be willing to do this for your fallen heroes of the United States of America?

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/05/memorial_day_2009.html

No comments:

Post a Comment